Welcome

Welcome to my sickle cell community, where people can find comforting natural ways to care for their loved ones or
themselves as I have learned to do with my son. This is a support community to educate and inform all of natural supplements that helps minimize crisis and my goal is to help everyone who has questions and who is affected by SS Disease or the Trait. Together we can come together and make a change. "Knowledge is Power"

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Cell Food

Hello Everyone!!! I went to the Health Food Market today to pick up the Prickly Ash Bark but they did not have it in the store.  They did order if for me so it will be in next week!  I will keep you posted on how that goes.  While I was there, she asked why am I using this particular herb and I told her my son has sickle cell disease and she said let me show you something.  It's called Cell Food.  Now, I have not tried this, I just wanted to pass on this literature to you all, if you are interested, go to your local health food store and inquire more about it.  Here is the link:

http://www.luminahealth.com/products/cellfood.htm

From what I know so far, this formula nourish, clean and detoxify the cells.  It provides enhanced oxygen and 78 minerals, 34 enzymes and 17 amino acids.  Cellfood is made form the finest all-natural plant based sources and is rapidly absorbed and utilized by every cell in the human body.  So I will keep this option close by, one day I may want to try this.  I did tell her i'm giving my 3 year old chlorophyll, and prickly ash bark, could I also give him cell food if I decided, she said of course, it's safe and it's all natural and it doesn't counteract with what I'm giving him now.

I will keep you all informed on different things I find out about as far as natural things and also I will start keeping you all updated with the latest updates and clinical trials for Sickle Cell.  In October 2011, U.S. Scientists have found a way to get mice with a form of sickle cell disease to make normal red blood cells.  A team led by Dr Stuart Orkin of Harvard Medical School, Children's Hospital and the Howard Hughes Medical Institute in Boston had discovered that a protein called BCL11A is responsible for making the switch from fetal hemoglobin to adult hemoglobin.  You can read more about it here:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/10/111013141822.htm

I've read this article last year and I always said that my son would be cured in his lifetime of sickle cell disease:-)  So we will stay strong, be positive and keep looking upward...

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment